Monday, October 26, 2009

It's about the Blood!

Sunday was so exciting! We had 3 Blood Mobiles here from Life Stream. Greg & his daughter Angela Campbell; Steve, Cathy, Amanda & Justin Lake; Janai Ederaine, Chris Castillo & Ida Saadati along with a few other volunteers headed up the Blood/Bone Marrow drive. The entire volunteer team did a fantastic job!!! We ended up with 88 people that gave blood.

Greg Campbell, Steve, Cathy, Amber and Justin Lake started helping at our very first Blood/Bone Marrow drive. They have become very passionate about people giving blood to save lives. We get excited talking about how we can get more people to donate blood. Steve is a Fireman/Paramedic and he sees the great need for blood on a daily basis. Giving blood has been a passion for me. (I have to admit when I was 18 I started giving because I would get out of work for a few hours.)

We've also encouraged people to sign up for the bone marrow registry. I signed up years ago for a 6 year old girl in Norco that needed it. I've never been selected yet, but if that day comes, I can't wait to help save a life. At Crossroads we have had Craig Mellen and Nicole Schulz receive bone marrow and they are alive today because someone cared!

Crossroads is a church passionately committed to Christ, His Cause, and His Community. Saving lives by giving blood and/or joining the Bone Marrow registry touches all three areas.

Matthew 25:40 (New International Version) "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I work as the Director of Involvement at Crossroads Christian Church. I oversee approximately 600 volunteers and I love our people! My husband, Mike, is the best guy ever! I have a 25 year old son, Craig.